|Introducing µZ Plug-In Servo Drives from Advanced Motion Controls!
Vaughan, Ontario, Canada -- µZ’s are the smallest off-the-shelf servo drives from ADVANCED Motion Controls. Pronounced ‘Micro-Z’ these plug-in drives are designed for embedded applications in a wide range of industries including: Robotics, Lab Automation, Homeland Security/Military, Electric Mobility, Medical and Packaging.
µZ servo drives are designed to drive brushless and brushed DC motors at a high switching frequency. To increase system reliability and to reduce cabling costs, the drives are designed for direct integration into your PCB. Weighing in at less than 9 grams, µZ Drives output 10A peak and 5A continuous and operate with a bus voltage range of 10-36VDC.
Designed without the need for a heatsink, the µZ’s are true featherweights with a high power to weight ratio. The µZ’s are fully protected against over-voltage, under-voltage, over-current, over-heating, and short-circuits. Depending on the model, the drives interface with digital controllers that have analog ±10V or PWM/Direction commands. These servo drives require only a single unregulated isolated DC power supply, and are fully RoHS (Reduction of Hazardous Substances) compliant.
Datasheets and Support:
AZB10A4 for ±10V Command Signals, Current Mode
AZBH10A4 for ±10V Command Signals, Hall Velocity Mode
AZBD10A4 for ±10V Command Signals, Duty Cycle Mode
AZBDC10A4 for PWM/Direction Command Signals
Stand-alone (drives with built-in interface)
AZB10A4IC for ±10V Command Signals, Current Mode
AZBDC10A4IC for PWM/Direction Command Signals
Additional features and benefits include:
- Designed for direct board-to-board integration.
- No heatsink and no need for additional heatsinking results in the smallest installed volume
- Feather weight, less than 9 grams
- Dimensions (mm) 38.1 x 38.1 x 7.34 for current mode models, 43.2 x 38.1 x 9.4 for velocity / duty cycle models
- Dimensions (in) 1.50 x 1.50 x 0.29 for current mode models, 1.70 x 1.50 x 0.37 for velocity / duty cycle models
- Large operational temperature range, 0-85°C
- Compatible with low inductance motors
- Smallest form factor of any off-the-shelf servo drive from ADVANCED Motion Controls
- 40 kHz switching frequency
To see all of Electromate's Products and Application Stories featured on MotionShop.com, enter electromate in the Google custom search box (upper left, above)
For further information on this new product or others in our extensive product portfolio, call 1-877-SERVO99 (737-8699) or e-mail Warren Osak at email@example.com or visit Electromate at: www.electromate.com